A guide about New solar subsidy process for Odisha
When it comes to the fastest developing solar power industry worldwide, the one name that comes to the mind is India. There is the availability of plenty amount of sunlight all around the year because of the geographical location of the country. According to many surveys and reports, approximately 5 thousand trillion kWh of energy is witnessed by India every year. The government has introduced various schemes for making use of solar energy for different applications. The government is also working for making solar energy the main source of energy. One such scheme is the rooftop solar set up and solar subsidy in Odisha.
Highlights about the rooftop solar program and solar subsidy in Odisha
The Chief Minister of Odisha recently launched a Rooftop Solar Programme that has been specially introduced for individual consumers. This scheme is all about paying a subsidy of 30 percent to the individual who installs the solar system at their rooftop of the home. Let’s learn more about this scheme in Odisha:
- Odisha is considered among a few first states that have started working on the climate change action plan. This is all about harnessing solar energy and then making use of it in a productive manner.
- The majorly used solar system is the Grid-connected system. These are mainly the decentralized system also has the ability to strengthen the grid. The main purpose of this grid design is to reduce power losses.
- This scheme is mainly designed for consumers for utility power. Individuals can install the small-sized solar units on their rooftops. With this, one can get the generated power during the daytime. If there will be excess power then it can be exported to the grid via service cables.
- The power that is exported via the cables gets metered on “Net Meter”. This is basically a special meter that will be installed by the power distribution companies.
What is net metering all about?
In general, net metering is a procedure in which the electricity board is utilized. This board is mainly used for keeping track of the energy that is being generated or consumed by a solar powerhouse. Net metering also allows the people for feeding the extra solar power to the power grid of the state. If you are living in a state where net metering policy has been adopted then you will get credited for the electricity that you’re giving to the grid.
This was all about net metering, now let’s find out about the application process for this scheme:
The application process for the scheme
The interested people of this rooftop solar panel installation for subsidy need to follow these steps for application:
- First of all, the person needs to contact their electricity provider to let them know about their interests.
- After this, the concerned officials will visit your installation site for accessing it in order to make the approval.
- Whatever details will be there, it will be explained to you. Right from installation to the fee structure, all details will be given by the officials.
- After this, the consumer is needed to make a call to the electricity provider for making the inspection. This mainly happens after the completion of the solar panel installation process·
- Next, the officers will again visit the installation site for making inspections and then giving approval for the subsidy.
- After approval, the consumer will get the amount for solar subsidy. Along with this, they will also get tariffs for selling the excess units to the government.
Know about the process of Gross Metering
In the process of installation and subsidy, you will get to learn about a new term gross metering. In gross metering, the electricity that has been generated from the rooftop system is exported to the grid. The electricity that is required by the consumer for consumption is imported from the grid. Now, the consumer will be paid a tariff for the electricity that is exported to the grid.
When it comes to the gross metering process, the generator will pay for the energy that is used in a billing month. This is applicable as per the retail supply tariff that is decided by APERC.
Installation of a solar rooftop system and availing subsidy is profitable for both consumers and the government. WhiteShark Energy is considered as a reliable solar EPC companies Odisha. You can contact them in order to get full details about the solar rooftop systems installation. Also, you can gather more information about solar subsidies from their team.